…provides individual equipment rentals for reduced rates to Stanford students, faculty, staff, and Stanford affiliates. All you have to do is come in to rent! We do not accept reservations for gear rentals. All equipment is rented on a first come, first served basis.
If you do have a large group (10 or more people) in need of equipment, please take a look at our Group Outfitting page, located under the Outdoor Center tab.
The Climbing Wall at AOERC rents climbing shoes by the day! Just visit the Climbing Wall during open hours. The cost for a pair of shoes is $2 (SO Members) or $3 (Non-members).
Equipment Rental Hours
The Outfitting Center is open in the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center. The times listed are subject to change based on special events. Feel free to call us at 650-736-7768 if you have a question! If we are not available, please leave a message and our staff will return your call during our open hours.
Outdoor Center Closures
March 27-31, 2017, Spring Break
May 29, 2017, Memorial Day
Spring 2017 Quarter Hours
|Equipment Rental Shop||Outdoor Center Lounge|
Please note that the Outdoor Center will close for business at the above time, sharp. Customers renting or returning equipment 15 minutes or less prior to closure may be asked to return the following business day and will be subject to late fees if applicable.
The Outdoor Center Staff reserve the right to close the Center on an as-needed basis. Please give us a call if you have any questions concerning this policy. Thank you!
Prices and Policies
To rent equipment you must have access to the Arrillaga Outdoor Education & Recreation Center. Building policies apply- you must have a Stanford ID or a guest pass to access our space. Equipment rental is open to students, alumni, staff, faculty, and affiliates. Alumni can purchase guest passes to the building through the Alumni Association. You can read more about facility access here.
- Equipment returned late will be subject to a rental fee for additional days and a 10% late fee.
Payment & Deposit:
- Payment required at time of rental. We accept cash, check, Visa and Mastercard.
- A credit card is required for deposit.
Cleaning & Drying:
- Items are expected to be returned clean and dry. We will not accept wet/soiled equipment. Wet equipment will be sent away with the renter and asked to be returned the following day. Gear that is returned late due to wetness will be subject to a late fee.
- WETSUITS: wetsuits should be returned rinsed (not sandy/muddy), but need not be completely dry.
- You are responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement if gear is damaged, lost, or stolen.