Plan Your Own Adventure
Want to get out of the “Stanford Bubble?” This online guide is by-students, for-students, to assist you in exploring the local outdoor spaces in California and beyond. Distances are calculated in proximity to campus.
We hope you’ll use this tool to check some awesome, adventurous, CA destinations off your Stanford Bucket List!
SUBMIT YOUR TRIP REPORT HERE. We collect trip reports on a rolling basis, but it can take some time to process and post all of your adventures.
Here are the top five destinations on Stanford student’s travel wishlist:
- Yosemite National Park
- Lake Tahoe/Desolation Wilderness
- Big Sur
- Point Reyes National Seashore
- Monterey Bay and Pacific Grove
What Stanford students say are the must-do adventures while at Stanford:
- Lead SPOT (Stanford Pre-Orientation Trips)!
- XC Skiing and snowshoeing in Tahoe
- Hike Half Dome in Yosemite NP
- Go climbing in Joshua Tree NP
- Surfing in Pacifica, CA
- Stand Up Paddleboarding in Half Moon Bay, CA
- Summit Mt. Shasta
- Backpacking in Pt Reyes on the coast
Search for a trip! Choose from any (or all!) of the categories to narrow down your search.
Check out our difficulty rating system here.
|Destination||Activity||Drive Time||Environment||Difficulty||Day Hike||3||Coastal||3||Day Hike||2||Coastal||3||Day Hike||2||Forest||1||Backpacking||2||Coastal||4||Day Hike||1||Forest||3||Day Hike||4||Mountains||3||Day Hike||1||Forest||2||Backpacking||10||Coastal||4||Day Hike||3||Coastal||1||Day Hike||3||Coastal||3|